Monday – Sunday: 11 am – 11 pm
2 Central Avenue
Whitefish, Montana 59937
Whitefish’s Watering Hole…
Great breweries are a community’s watering hole and promoters of the local culture. They do this by:
- Using ingredients that are native to the region
- Naming their beers with local jargon
- Providing flavors that the community understands and enjoys
The Great Northern Brewery in Whitefish is a great example of all three. First, they have a wheat lager made with wild huckleberries that are abundant in Montana. Second, the names of their beers are inspired by Whitefish, Montana’s surroundings like:
- Going to the Sun IPA – Named after the famed scenic bi-way in Glacier National Park
- Wheatfish Wheat Lager – A play on the name of the town
- Good Medicine (Strong Red Ale) – Montana is home to the land of fresh air and enormous views and anyone who experiences this wondrous place will profess it as “Good Medicine” for your soul.
Lastly, Great Northern is located in the tallest building in Whitefish standing strong at a whopping three stories. The first floor contains an amazing beer tasting room while a bar sits on the second floor inviting you to enjoy a pint, eat some food and admire the best view in town. The third story is the secret ingredient giving them the opportunity to harness the age-old tradition of a “Gravity -flow” brewing operation. The best use of three stories ever!
If that isn’t enough, Great Northern is also an award winning brewery. Their Wheatfish Wheat Lager is a 2014 Bronze winner and 2013 Silver winner of the Great American Beer Festival’s Wheat Beer with Yeast category.