Baldy Banked Slalom 2021 – Sun Valley
January 16, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - January 17, 2021 @ 5:00 pmFree
Sun Valley – Baldy Banked Slalom Details
What: 9th annual Baldy Banked Slalom
Details: Sun Valley’s only snowboard specific event. Now in its 9th year, the Baldy Banked Slalom is a qualifier for the legendary Mt Baker Banked Slalom held in February. This year the BBS will be held at the top of Warm Springs run utilizing “Grandma’s House” as a start shack and ends just before I-80. Timing will be done using sophisticated RF chip sensors placed on each competitors front leg. Run times can be viewed in real-time by downloading the It’s your race phone app.
- Practice runs on course 2-4 pm (top of Warm Springs lift)
- Pre-registration The Cellar Pub. (400 Sun Valley Rd, Ketchum, ID 83340) 5-8pm
- 8–9 am – Registration at Warm Springs Base Lodge (waver signature and bib/chip pick-up)
- 9-10 am – Practice – top of Warm Springs lift.
- 10am – Race starts.
- 4pm – Awards ceremony – location TBD
- After Party – 21 and older – locaction TBD
Curious to know what are the other major banked slalom events out there? Check out our Banked Slalom Event Showcase to read about the best & where they’re located at.